Hundreds of tickets are still available for KSI and Logan Paul’s YouTube boxing showdown with just hours to go until the big event in Los Angeles.
After an ugly build-up, this weekend will see two of social media’s biggest stars take to the ring again to settle their long-running feud.
The LA bout is one of the most talked about events of the year, but it seems most of the audience will be watching from the comfort of their homes rather than seeing the action live at the Staples Center.
KSI and Paul’s initial fight, which ended in a draw, was a sell-out at the Manchester Arena last August thanks to the British gamer’s die-hard support.
And in July, a press conference at East London’s York Hall to promote the rematch was so oversubscribed there were safety risks, with dozens of fans mounting the roof for a glimpse of their heroes.
However, support in the United States has not been as strong.
A media showing of their pre-fight documentaries on Monday night in LA was poorly attended by fans, while it was claimed earlier this week that only half of the Staples Center’s 20,000 capacity had been sold.
Promoters had hoped of a late surge of local buyers but on Saturday afternoon it appeared there were still plenty of tickets available [highlighted in blue] in the lower section of the arena closer to the ring.
Watford-born KSI slammed his American rival for his lack of support at the event, and pointed out on social media that their fight in the UK was sold out by now.
“I notice a lot of Logan’s fans are not actually here because it is past their bedtime,” said the YouTube slugger.
“If this was in England this would have been full, so that is pretty embarrassing.
“Manchester Arena had sold out by now. Guess Logan really don’t have ‘supportive fans’ like that.”
However, if the fighters tap into just a small portion of their combined 40million subscribers, the fight will still make millions in pay-per-view subscriptions alone.
Matchroom Sport have been promoting the event, and supremo Eddie Hearn told talkSPORT this week about why he performed a U-turn to get involved in the YouTube showdown.
“It’s a bizarre event,” he said.
“They asked me to get involved for the first fight at the Manchester Arena and I said ‘no chance’.
“I thought: ‘Two YouTubers? Don’t be ridiculous. No one will watch it’.
“A 20,000 sell-out later, 1.4m pay-per-view buys and a really good fight and I thought to myself ‘I’m definitely doing the rematch’.
“So here we are in Los Angeles.”
Listen to that interview with Eddie Hearn IN FULL here!